Painting a home interior could be little bit frustrating especially if you don’t know how to pain or don’t know what the best tool to paint. Well, an electric airless paint sprayer can be the best tool you can you to paint your interior. This electric sprayer makes interior painting projects more fun and much faster. Even, you can paint medium to large rooms in very quick times than use brush or roller. In addition, you will have a profesional painting result when you use this sprayer correctly.
Preparation and Tools
Before you start painting using this amazing tool, you must mask off the doors, windows, woodwork and floors or anything that you don’t want to paint. Just mask it so you can paint in focus and you can keep clean all things you don’t want to paint.
If you want to pain high areas, a stepladder is needed. Make sure you can reach everything you want to paint so it needs to be tall enough. Don’t forget to use gloves and mask so your hands will be clean and you can avoid inhaling overspray. Just use standar procedure of painting using an electric airless paint sprayer.
Then, you need to try some techniques of painting using this electric sprayer before you really use it on your interior. For example, you should paint without creating runs and drips. It is still a good idea if you have a paintbrush handy when you slip.
How to Use Electric Sprayer
Whether you rent or buy the sprayer, you can ask the owner or read the manual first to know each part and its function.
- Turn the power deal, this is to adjust the right air pressure you need
- Turn the tip, this is to select the spray pattern whether it is a horizontal or vertical pattern.
- Then, set the pattern width, just adjust the red lever right on the tip
- The last, fill the cup then flick the switch on the gun, this is to turn on its turbine
After you have done all, you can start testing the spray pattern. You can still adjust the pattern to find the right size as you want.
Tips to Paint Interior Wall
Using this electric sprayer is totally different with using brush or roller. You can follow the following tips to paint interior wall using an electric airless sprayer rightly;
- Clean the surface you want to paint
- Cover or mask off all surfaces you don’t want to paint
- Start painting from the corner then spray with the right motion – back and forth. Then you will overlap each stroke by half of the spray pattern right on the next stroke.
- Keep the sprayer or gun moving consistently (consistent speed), this is to avoid runs and drips/
- If you see drips or runs, then brush them as soon as possible then immediately spray the surface with brush marks lightly. This should cover it.
So, you need more practices before you use this sprayer. You can also learn some basic techniques to start practicing. Watch some videos will help you or ask a professional.